Monday, January 26, 2009

Men are from Mars, Women from Venus....Sugar Cookies!

Men are from Mars...Women are from Venus!!!
Okay, I have A LOT to say on this topic! This is going to have to be a monthly or maybe semi-monthly post. So I guess this will be my "first edition"!
I'm starting w/Sugar Cookies!
Sugar Cookies....are there any better type of cookies. Okay, we all like the classic chocolate chip, the oatmeal, peanut butter, blah, blah, blah.

But really, when someone gives you a homemade sugar cookie w/butter cream frosting, I mean, can you beat that????? Maybe it is so tasty because this cookie is one we don't make everyday, we always seem to save the sugar cookie for the "special holidays"! So when you sink your teeth into that luscious piece of heaven, your feeling pretty special, cuz the cookie itself is special.
Well, my question is....are sugar cookies just a girl thing?
Well, apparently, my husband isn't "ga ga" over the sugar cookie. The other night the girls and I decided to make sugar cookies, when I asked him if he wanted one, his response..."not really". Are you kidding me...you are offered a homemade sugar cookie and you say "not really"??!! Are you human, how did I not notice this in the 20 years I've known him. How can he not love the sugar cookie????

Speaking of, here's the recipe for my fav and of course fab sugar cookies:
2/3 C butter
2/3 C shortening
4 C flour
1 1/2 C sugar
2 eggs
2 T. milk
2 t. baking powder
2 t. vanilla
Dash salt

Cream butter and shortening, add half of the flour and all of the sugar, egg, milk, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Beat til well mixed. Beat in the remaining flour. Divide dough in half. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.


Roll out and cut into desired shapes. Bake at 375* for 7-8 min. After cooling, frost w/fav homemade buttercream frosting! Soooooo yummy!

What do we do while we wait for the dough to chill, the cookies to bake and then to cool? Well, here you have it:
Kate is on the computer...probably on "FaceBook"

Ty is playing her DS!

And of course Mom is texting! (I'm sure it's work related!)

So...give me your feedback on my first edition of "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus", Sugar Cookie Edition!

Are you a fan of the sugar cookie??? Are sugar cookies just a "girl thing"?
Leave me a comment and let me know your thoughts on this!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it I look forward to more of your Men are from Mars edition. The sugar cookies are one of my favs so any extra send them my way.
Marie

Anna said...

Yes, you could be right or maybe it's because they are related, but Chris can't really appreciate a good sugar cookie either.

JamieM. said...

Men are from Mars... I am so looking forward to hearing more! However, this particular topic is the opposite in my house. I can pass on the Sugar Cookies but my hubby loves them. .... Well let me change that. I'll never pass up a free cookie. ;)

wenderful said...

I think sugar in general is a girl thing. My husband has discipline of steel when it comes to sweets. As for me, if it's made of sugar and edible, it's toast!
Love this Mars and Venus idea!

Anonymous said...

So I like suger cookies but I definately think I can pass one up. I think the only way I can't pass one up is if has chocolate frosting on top. So in other words if I was offered a chocolate chip cookie or a sugar cookie I would definately pick the chocolate chip cookie.