
One of my favorite blogs to visit is Prudence Pennywise, she is a fabulous cook and always has great recipes on her blog. Every recipe I've tried, I've loved! Well she is having a "Cupcake of the Month" this year and I thought I'd do the same. The thing is, I am really just making what she makes and passing it on. Maybe some months I'll be creative and come up w/my own cupcake! But sorry, this is not the month!

(I couldn't decide which pic looked better, so I posted both)
So here is my attempt at "Janurary Cupcakes", I thought I'd better hurry since today is January 29th....ahhhh!
I used a box cake mix (let's get real), but Prudy's tip was to sub buttermilk for the water and butter for the oil! Love it! Then we frosted the cupcakes w/Cream Cheese frosting and made white chocolate snowflakes to put on top! I place them on a footed cake plate and my family was soooo impressed at dessert time! All 3 girls insisted on taking a "home lunch" the next day to school so they could show the cute winter cupcakes off! That will always make a mom feel good.

When making the white chocolate snowflakes, we melted white choc chips in the microwave and then using a plastic bag w/a small hole, tried to mimic Prudy's snowflakes onto wax paper and let them cool in the fride for awhile. Since then, on another fun blog I like to visit, they suggested using a plastic bottle, I will pick one up for next time! I promise not to wait too long for my Feb Cupcakes!!! Happy Baking and Eating!

4 comments:
Those look soooo good! I love Prudy's recipes too. I have tried substituting the oil for butter and I think it makes a big difference. Did you know that Sprinkles does that too?
Are you doing anything fun this weekend?
XOXOXOX
Jen
Wow those look and sound yummy. I'll have to try them with the buttermilk and butter. Thanks again for your fun blog. I look forward to see what will be next.
:) Marie
Those look so good! I love cupcakes and I'll have to go have a peek at her blog.
Manuela
One of my favorite blogs is Cake Wrecks. http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/
Your cupcakes certainly don't deserve a spot on that blog! Check it out if you want a good laugh. This is my favorite Cake Wreck.
http://cakewrecks.blogspot.com/2008/07/inspiration-vs-perspiration.html
Post a Comment