Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Fall is Here!!!

As a girl, I grew up in warm sunny So. Cal, so fall never made an impression on me. It wasn't until I moved to Utah my first year of college that I was able to fully appreciate the season we call Fall. I was overwhelmed by the vibrant colors and the cool crisp air. I finally learned to love fall! It really hit me this past week that "fall is here". As I drive the streets in my neighborhood I again am overwhelmed by the beauty of the fall colors I see. I don't think I will ever get used to the transformation I see in some of our trees and bushes.
This is one of my favorite bushes in my yard...the burning bush!




I especially love to see the range of colors...from yellow to orange to red!



The leaves in the back yard are changing at a bit of a slower rate...but had to take advantage of all my girls willing to let me take a pic!

To kick off the official arrival of fall...we set a fall dinner table and had homemade chicken soup and homemade rolls for dinner. A family favorite. I would of taken photos of our dinner, but it was so yummy, we didn't stop to grab the camera!

2 comments:

Anna said...

Oh I miss those colors! You have a great yard. Sounds like a yummy recipe I need!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Beautiful pictures! I have one of those burning bushes in front of my house. I love the color!

I missed your call the other day. Are you having a good week? This week has gone by so fast so far. It is crazy!

XOXO
Jen