Sunday, April 19, 2009

Spring Break????

This year our Spring Break was one whole week! Yahoo....the endless things we had planned to do. One problem, Mom had to work! So we did our best to take the time we had to do some fun things! Luckily on Monday we went to the park for lunch and then Tyler got her 1st tennis lesson. The weather was so nice we even pulled out the shorts. This was a first since last fall. It's a good thing we spent our Monday enjoying the weather...because this is how things looked the rest of the week....

As I left for work at 7:30am, I couldn't help but take a few photos of the yard before I left. Who would believe this was April, we woke up to 12" of new snow! But since during this week was the dreaded tax day...it did seem appropriate...cold and merciless...that defines the tax man in my opinion!!!


Luckily as I left for work in this frozen tundra...the girls were asleep, under lots of blankets. They had spent the previous night having a sleepover on the family room floor watching movies late into the night. They won't be happy when they wake up....looks like a good day to stay under those blankets and watch even more movies!!!



Today is Sunday, back to school tomorrow, I'm seriously dreading the morning!!! Everyone will have a hard time getting up! But on the upside, our weather is back to a spring time normal temps. It was beautiful today, we sat outside and read and then took a walk! To bad this week couldn't be our Spring Break!

Only 6 more weeks of school!!! How can time go so fast???

5 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I'm sorry you had to work last week! And the snow was horrible!

It was nice today!


XOOX
Jen

Anna said...

I know you're all so sick of snow, but I'm kind of jealous. I think the most beautiful thing in the world are snow covered trees. I miss home! Hurray for Tyler, I've always wanted to take Tennis lessons. Maybe one day :). Hope you guys have a sunny week!

Anonymous said...

I love how i am in NONE of these pictures. I am pratically not even involved in blog anymore. haha, i am the one who is always taking the stupid pictures ;)

Kate

wenderful said...

Ewww, not more snow! Hopefully it has all melted by now. Looks like the girls had a great time watching movies.

Anonymous said...

Time does fly doesn't it! Sorry I dissappeared. looks like you have too. Hope you and yours are well!