Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Cupcake of the Month #1

Okay...too many cute Spring/Easter cupcakes to choose from...so I've picked my fav 4 and thought I'd post one a week during the month of April. But then I realized my great idea had one major flaw...Easter is April 12th and most people want to make these yummy treats for the Easter holiday. So, I'll still be posting all 4, but a bit closer together. Enjoy!

Cupcake #1 The Bunny Cupcake!


I couldn't decide to post this one 1st or save if for last...it may be my favorite of all. Isn't he soooo cute! Add a flower on the side of one ear and you can say, "Isn't SHE soooo cute!".

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:
Cupcakes, baked and cooled
White frosting
Shredded coconut
Pink decorators' sugar
Jelly bean nose
Chewable Sweet Tart eyes
Large marshmallow
Mini marshmallows

1. Frost a cupcake with white frosting and sprinkle on shredded coconut fur.

2. Cut a large marshmallow in half widthwise. Squeeze each half slightly to give it an oval shape, then decorate the sticky side of each one with pink decorators' sugar and set them in place for ears.

3. Add a jelly bean nose and either jelly bean or snipped Sweet Tart eyes, and mini marshmallows for cheeks. For a finishing touch, draw on decorators' gel pupils or whiskers if you like

My major issue w/this darling recipe....my kids don't love coconut! So sad!!!

1 comment:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Oh that is a cute cupcake! And I love coconut, although my kids don't. Which means that I would end up eating THEM ALL. Maybe not a great plan... Or I could give most of them away, that might work!

XOXO
Jen