Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Friends!! One of Life's Best Things!


How can you not love friends! In my opinion, friends are one of lifes best inventions, maybe even better than chocolate. I read a fun article on friends in a recent magazine...I happen to be blessed with several absolutely fab friends! I'm just afraid that I often take a little more than I give. So this was a good article for me to read!


6 Little Ways to be a Better Friend!

1. PUT HER ON YOUR TO-DO LIST!
Sometimes life gets hectic, make sure you still have time for friends, even if it is only a quick phone call or a few texts between "hairy" appointments (haha)!

2. BE THERE IN THE BAD TIMES TOO!
When her life sucks, be there, it doesn't mean you have to say the right words, just show your support!

3. DON'T OVER-ADVISE!
Sometimes friends want your advise, and sometimes they just want you to give them your "Okay".

4. ACCEPT HER WEAKNESSESS!
Recognize your friends' shortcomings and play to each of their individual strengths. I know I have plenty of weaknesses and thankyou to all my friends that put up w/my annoying habits!!!!

5. BE CASH-CONSCIOUS!
In this economy, be sensitive to her budget when making plans or telling about your most recent shopping spree!!

6. LOOK OUT FOR HER EVEN WHEN SHE'S NOT LOOKING!
Talk her up, post only flattering pics on facebook. If you are shopping a great clearance sale and see something in her size you know she'd love, call her and let her know!


All I can say is....thanks for all my great friends near and far. I love you all and can't express enough gratitude for listening to me and all my drama and still loving me!!!! You are the best and you all know exactly who you are!!!!!!!
Thanks for being there...even when I have to work TOO much!!!!

4 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What a good article. I love ya!

XOXO
Jen

AlienSVR said...

Can I add a 7th tip? Bribery. That's how I made all my friends.

Anonymous said...

Great article Chrissy. You are a great friend to me. Love ya tons.
:) Marie :)

Anonymous said...

The reason you have so many good friends is because of the type of friend you are!